Brookings County Conservation District
Board of Supervisors Meeting
Wednesday, June 2, 2021 - 8:15 AM
Brookings CD Building, 130 42nd Street, Brookings, SD
The Brookings County Conservation District wants to assure you that the safety and health of our constituents, producers, employees, and community continue to be our top priority. We are fully committed to providing you continued services, while also preventing the spread of COVID-19. We encourage you to practice social distancing and to call us to schedule an appointment.
If you would like to be part of the meeting, please contact Joan at 605-692-8003 ext. 3 OR 605-695-1269 and we will connect you to our meeting via telephone.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Call to Order
- Approval of Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- NRCS Office Report – Jeremy Sova, District Conservationist
- Conservation Plans
- Financial Report
- Report on District Services and Correspondence
Joan Crooks, Office Manager and Jon Finnegan, District Resource Specialist
- Vehicles/Equipment/ Repairs/Maintenance, Lease Tractors
- Brookings Co. FY2022 budget request
- Employee/Supervisor Report on Meetings/Events Attended
- June 8, 2021 – Ag Women’s Day – Wilbert Square Event Center, Brookings, SD
- June 14, 2021 – Big Sioux Steering Committee Mtg. – Dell Rapids – DeBoer
- June 21, 2021 – Vermillion-Big Sioux area meeting – 10am – Parker Community Center
- June 28-30, 2021 – SDACDE Leadership Training/Big Sioux Nursery Meeting – Pierre – Kerr, Crooks
- Conservation Tour
- Land Judging – Tentative Date – September 8, 2021
- 2021 SDACD Convention – September 19-21, 2021 – Spearfish Holiday Inn
- Bruce Honey Days Parade
- USDA - E. SD Soil & Water Research Farm Field Day – Tuesday, August 31, 2021
- September 2 – SDACDE Booth – Value Added Tent – SD State Fair
- Sep 19-21, 2021 – SDACD Convention – Spearfish Holiday Inn
- Next meeting will to be Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 8:15 AM – BCCD Building at 130 42nd Street
This is a tentative agenda. The agenda may be amended up to 24 hours prior to actual meeting. Items added after 24 hours may be discussed by the Board, but not acted upon. Please notify the office manager, if you have items to add to the agenda.